Monday, March 31, 2008

Google Page Creater

This is cool. Googlepages. Google is creating a real monopoly, or realm of services which, in turn means we will hardly need to use anything else... (unless of course, your one of those people who doesn't like to support the masses!) Googlepages is also a representational change for the future... the Internet is becoming almost too user friendly, catering to those, not unlike myself, who are inept with regards to programming and writing HTML, but more than capable at piecing together usable information on a user friendly site, with all the mechanic's previously programmed into the back-ground.


I use Google... I use there reader daily, I have two blogs with Blogger and there search engines appear to be second to none. However now you can do so much more, Gmail has changed the face of Internet based email, Google Docs are amazing and now they are designing Google page Creator. I first came across a this yesterday when I found a neat website by a teacher, looked at the URL and discovered the words 'Googlepages'. This was a new thing for me so I did some more investigation - only to discover the availability, and the request for constructive criticism.


Upon more investigation, Googlepages allows you to have up to three different URL's under your email address. You can have a lot of opportunity for change, design formats and usage, as well as creating appropriate URL's for your site. My only question is whether or not Blogger and Googlepages are linked, and if you could have a Google blog linked to open as a page on your site! That would be cool - but will take more investigation!


I will let you know how I go with this... I have a couple of cool ideas for implementation, so I will certainly be able to let you know how user friendly it is etc...


No comments: