Wednesday, March 19, 2008

New Zealand Book Council


I realise that many people may already be aware of this site, but it is worth a mention. I have a few learners in my classes who regularly enter competitions, and a couple more who should enter regularly. This is simply a New Zealand site to monitor, in order to allow/encourage our learners to enter, grow confidence, and grow passions. I am posting it on my wiki for my learners to follow, as well as supporting and encouraging those who show interest to enter what ever they deem relevant.


This site has been established to encourage and foster the love of reading, which in turn also encourages the love of writing. Our New Zealand writers are growing in confidence, and I feel it is very important to encourage the next generations to do realise they are more than capable. I very strongly feel that as an educationalist, it is not only our job to teach skills, it is also to teach learners how to teach themselves - giving them skills to carry forth into adult life, allowing learners to constantly evolve. The experience learners can get from entering such competitions such as those from the book council would be invaluable - failure is not an option - success can be gained simply from a submission.

No comments: